Senior Electrical Engineer - Operations
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy/climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability. Our process takes end of life solar panels and dismantles them into individual components or materials.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels, inverters and batteries for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. And we need you to direct our field operations to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our team! Using your initiative, enthusiasm, experience and engineering background, you will play a key role in performing a spectrum of electrical engineering tasks and activities including requirements creation, system design, hardware/software integration, test and performance verification of system, and failure analysis’. This is an opportunity to be an early team member in an innovative, thriving, and ambitious company.
Role and responsibilities
- Will design and innovate new equipment for the factory, or run continuous improvement programs on existing equipment to improve capability, throughput, and availability of process equipment for the manufacturing lines.
- Designing electrical systems and equipment engineering for the built environment with little guidance from a project manager or professional engineer.
- Interacts with contractors and manufacturers to discuss issues and create workable designs around process equipment and factory electrical systems.
- Prepares required calculations to meet project requirements.
- Prepares required calculations to meet project requirements.
- Reviews drawings and researches electrical and safety code issues to comply with national, city, state, and county regulations.
- Creates and prepares design documentation in textual and computer-aided design formats in accordance with project and client specifications.
- Produces accurate and timely products by utilizing electrical engineering knowledge and skills.
- Performs field investigation of process equipment and innovation opportunities.
- Develops efficient and accurate solutions to design problems.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Carries out construction observation and punch lists, reviews contractor modification requests, reviews contractor RFIs, and issues field directions.
- Enhances abilities and consistently broadens knowledge of the technology, trends, and markets in which we operate as they relate to the various project types.
This position may have future supervisory duties.
Education, training and professional experience
- 10+ years of experience, with a preferred Bachelors' degree in Engineering.
- PE designation is desirable but not required.
- Understanding of power systems; estimates of voltage loss, short circuit, and building load.
- Experience in electrical design for mission-critical buildings, higher education, science and technology, and/or process equipment is preferred.
- Strong understanding of electrical design for the built environment, including but not restricted to electrical, lighting, and fire/life safety systems, device layouts, circuiting, panel schedules and load calculations, riser diagrams, and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and generate and review intricate electrical design drawings.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, ICT, mechanical and other disciplines to deliver a coordinated, constructible design.
- Strong familiarity with the relevant codes and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities; capacity to create and deliver accurate, expertly crafted reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of CAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) applications, especially AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you think this role is for you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right person for this role.
You will be working alongside a highly successful team who deliver amazing innovative work in the solar PV industry! The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet you
Equal employment opportunity
SOLARCYCLE is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.