Director, Engineering & Maintenance
Director, Engineering & Maintenance
6K Inc. is a high-tech start-up focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials. The
UniMelt® is our groundbreaking microwave plasma technology platform driving our two divisions: 6K Energy and 6K Additive.
6K Energy focuses on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage.
6K Additive specializes in converting sustainably sourced scrap metals into AM metal powder and Alloy additions.
Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our fast-paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
The position is located at our Burgettstown facility reporting directly to the 6K Additive, Chief Operating Officer.
The Director Engineering & Maintenance will be a key member of the 6K Additive Leadership Team and will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and engineering needs of all 6K Additive manufacturing facilities. The Dir. E&M will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee equipment maintenance, equipment design & engineering, automation, instrumentation & controls, facilities engineering, capital planning and project management, CMMS processes and MRO and spares inventory management for current and future 6K Additive operations. This role will be a critical liaison with the other 6K divisions relating to engineering and maintenance systems or processes. Ensuring the development and implementation of efficient processes and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Technical Team members in guiding the company’s short and long-term maintenance and capital needs.
- Oversee all engineering activities of the company to deliver uptime, efficiency and expansion in line with company goals.
- Maximize the gross profit of the business by defining and implementing the best practices, policies, and procedures related to equipment maintenance and design.
- Define, install, and implement a CMMS system that streamlines preventative maintenance and equipment uptime.
- Define, design and implement automation solutions that balance process and equipment capabilities with a goal of driving to “Lights Out” operations.
- Oversee and manage the capital projects program, including project management of future expansion with the intent to minimize supply chain costs and/or disruptions to growth strategy.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to negotiate effective pricing for spare parts, services and contract maintenance support.
- Reviews and approves capital and maintenance cost-control reports, cost estimates and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget, including controlling expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in Engineering and Automation.
- Supervises the Engineering Manager and their subordinates.
- Supervises the Maintenance Manager and their subordinates.
- Supervises the Equipment Engineering team (NoA Dotted line).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering Field or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including five years in Engineering or Maintenance leadership required.
- Experience in managing and improving CMMS, Capital or Engineering processes
- Project Management Experience – Agile, CPM a Plus
- Metals and/or Powders manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in leading people and influencing non-direct reports.
- Process driven approach to problem solving and a continuous improvement mindset
- Innovative, with the ability to plan, strategize and execute a project plan
- Understanding of key technology systems and how they are best utilized/implemented
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in both the board room and on the production line.
- Understanding key Engineering principles and Civil regulatory standards/procedures
- Ability to attract, develop and retain top talent and lead with passion and enthusiasm.
• 100% employer paid benefits on day one.
• No cost life insurance
• Paid time off
• 3% retirement plan match, immediate vesting
Equal Opportunity Employer
At 6K we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. We are also committed to providing veteran employment opportunities.