Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Operates and drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus. Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials, or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Responsible for operating a forklift in the warehouse and production areas of the plant.
- Prior to shift start, ensure propane tanks are filled and forklift equipment is properly blown out and all fluids checked.
- Grease fittings if needed.
- All raw materials are to be stacked in a neat and orderly fashion.
- All trucks loaded are to have proper paperwork before being loaded (packing slips and weight ticket). All trucks loaded are to be counted and recounted by another associate and both persons sign off that the proper amount of product has been verified and loaded.
- Ensure job identification and appropriate paperwork stays with material through all processes.
- Seat belts are to be worn at all times and the lift must be operated at a safe speed.
- Junk pallets are to be stacked and put in their proper place until they can be disposed of.
- Clean up area of operation at the end of shift.
- Responsible for assisting other production areas, as needed.
- Move and package completed products.
- Assist the Shift Leads to stage and move material as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior forklift and production line experience preferred.
- Must possess good eye, hand and foot coordination.
- Must be able to pass the company forklift training.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and prioritize tasks
- Required to read and interpret relevant job information.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-Site)