Director of Inventory Control
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Director of Inventory Control is responsible for managing, coordinating, and execution of Battle Motors’ receiving and warehouse activities & operations. This individual will currently have Supervisor or Manager level leadership as direct reports. They are expected to implement practices that improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the supply chain, while continually improving production control efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience setting up a new warehouse while implementing lean manufacturing logistics delivery systems.
- Oversee warehouse activities including but not limited to receiving, storing, picking, and expediting materials.
- Maintains strict inventory control.
- Ensures accurate and timely receipts.
- Enforce established safety guidelines; promotes a safe workplace.
- Maintains accurate records and metrics; audits and cycle counts on schedule and as necessary.
- Processes returned, rejected, and obsolete parts in collaboration with Supplier Quality.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Trains, supervises, motivates, and develops staff as necessary.
- Manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Lead enhancements and training of subordinates for systems improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years experience as a Warehouse Manager / Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management or a related field desired.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of inventory control terminology and documentation best practices.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize duties and assign responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff members.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and present performance metrics.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexibility of schedule as needs arise.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States