Associate Project Engineer
The very technologies that are creating a more sustainable future for us — electric vehicles, semiconductors, and solar panels — are built on a foundation of metals extracted from the earth at great financial and environmental cost. ElectraMet™ enables manufacturing sustainability initiatives that drive a circular economy, reducing dependence on extracting targeted metals from the ground. We do this by delivering a novel electrochemical technology that separates and recovers dissolved metals from process and wastewater streams.
ElectraMet produces a disruptive technology providing a differentiated outcome. We are looking for an experienced and passionate sales professional with experience developing meaningful and profitable relationships in the industrial space. We seek sales and market development experience in clean or process waters, pre-treatment, wastewater, maintenance, or services. Exposure to chemical and separation technologies for metals Is preferred.
Target markets include microelectronics, aerospace/aeronautics, tier 1 automotive, electronics recyclers, lithium-ion battery recycling, and other industrial sites. This is a hybrid role of market development, sales support, and opportunity ownership as part of the sales organization’s strategy. Time allocation expectations are 50% development and 50% opportunity management. Travel is expected at ~20-30% but KPI achievement will drive operational realities.
We need a hunter that is ready to break barriers, and someone that loves being David versus Goliath, as we are driving a disruptive technology. This role will begin as an infiltrator with the goal of establishing and scaling relationships in accounts with the goal of establishing meetings and closing pilots.
Prior experience and existing personal network in these industries with potential clients and/or distributors is highly preferred. Expectations include self-motivated, high motor, strategic selling experience, multi-stakeholder development and management, formal sales training, CRM comfort and discipline, and desire to grow a business to new heights.
Company offers healthcare and other benefits. Growth potential in a small but growing company with stock options, variable compensation, and other benefits. This position reports directly to VP Sales with support from marketing, engineering, and operations team members. Option to work at our Lexington, KY headquarters or remotely.
- Identify new customers
- Identify new opportunities at existing customers
- Qualifying leads, developing proposals, negotiating with customers, closing the deal, CRM tracking and reporting
- Creating and executing sales strategies, processes, and tactics
- Feedback to marketing to improve messaging and marketing materials
- Execute virtual and onsite meetings to introduce company and establish pursuable opportunities
- Work with NA Sales Director to pursue and close pilots for ElectraMet’s engineered solutions
- 5+ years’ experience selling equipment and/or wastewater related services to industrial customers driving process improvement
- Experience in business development or outreach process to land new appointments and build stakeholder maps within organizations
- Demonstrated success managing change for customers in sales process
- Strong appetite to upset the apple cart with disruptive technology
- History of helping customers see new ways of doing things and helping to “turn the light bulb on”
- Previous demonstrated success in greenfield territory for new products or services is strongly preferred.
- Demonstration of sales discipline including pre-call planning, post call follow-up, and CRM utilization
- Communicates & prefers phone over email
- Selling industrial products to relevant market verticals including microelectronics, li-ion battery recycling, steel, tier 1 automotive/aeronautical, etc.
- Engineering or science educational background is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of wastewater treatment systems or aqueous separation processes with relevant sales experience
If interested, please send your resume to