Who We Are:
Headquartered in Ottawa (Kanata) Ontario and privately held Equispheres is a materials science company focused on advanced technologies such as additive manufacturing and cold spray applications. Equispheres’ vision is to unlock the potential of these technologies by engineering and providing ultra-high-performance mono-sized metal powders.
Equispheres patent-pending atomization technology produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free spherical metal powders designed to significantly improve manufacturing processes, quality, and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres’ staff of researchers, metallurgists, and engineers, offer a range of services including custom alloy development and application support required to meet demanding aerospace, automotive, medical, and military component requirements.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This individual will take the responsibility of understanding, maintaining, and developing existing and new SOPs, workflow, and QA procedures for manufacturing Equispheres powder. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with the technical team and operations to specify, source, and commission new technology, process capabilities, and plant improvements, to complement Equispheres core technology advancements and growth.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated self-starter with a broad range of technical skills and demonstrated experience using SolidWorks. The applicant will have hands-on experience and be capable of performing additional tasks as required within an ISO or AS9100 environment.
This position will work closely with all members of Equispheres’ technical and operations teams reporting to the VP of Engineering.
Qualifications and Skills
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of applicable experience and a proven track record working within an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with all or a combination of the following:
- Definition of requirements and specification of production and process plant equipment
- Preparing and maintaining P&ID and PFD's
- Developing and maintaining SOP's and QA procedures
- Coordination of new production and processing equipment installations
- Developing and implementing new production workflows
- Cost-benefit analysis of existing and new production processes
- Design and application of fluid power systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, and vacuum)
- Design and specification of a variety of industrial process components and systems (e.g., valves, pressure/temperature sensors, flow controllers, blowers, and pumps)
- Working knowledge and experience of designing to meet applicable regulations and codes (e.g., TSA, CEC, NFPA, and OHSA)
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with SolidWorks
- 2+ years of project management experience:
- developing and managing budgets
- liaising with contractors, vendors, and in-house project teams
Highly Desirable Requirements
- Professional designation or the ability to acquire.
- Powder processing and material science knowledge or demonstrated experience.
- Experience working within an ERP system an asset.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving start-up environment.
- Production ramp-up experience and working within a quality management framework
- Experience performing R&D, design of experiments, testing, and interpretation of results.
Physical Skills and Abilities
Ability to work in an office setting and production floor.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion, and dignity. We are committed to providing a positive, open, inclusive, and accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important - follow, respect, and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres provides competitive pay and benefits and is proud to offer all our employees an opportunity to participate in our share options program.
Full time, indeterminate
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
10% to 15%
Please apply online or send 1) cover letter and 2) resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please reference Manufacturing Engineer in the e-mail subject line.)
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to be an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you require accommodation during the recruiting process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide appropriate accommodation will be put in place.