Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Who We Are
Headquartered in Ottawa (Kanata), Ontario and privately held, Equispheres is a materials science company focused on advanced technologies such as additive manufacturing and cold spray applications. Equispheres’ vision is to unlock the potential of these technologies by engineering and providing ultra-high-performance, mono-sized metal powders.
Equispheres’ patent-pending atomization technology produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders, designed to significantly improve manufacturing processes, part quality and reliability of customers’ end use applications.
Equispheres’ staff of researchers, metallurgists and engineers offer a range of services including custom alloy development and application support required to meet demanding aerospace, automotive, medical, and military component requirements.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our growing technical team and be a part of the transformative additive manufacturing industry.
We are a fast-paced materials science business, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of our advanced powder-producing processes and their application in the industry.
In this key role, the applicant will lead project teams in executing their objectives in accordance with the approved development process, ensure project KPIs are defined and monitored, provide technical and/or project management guidance to the teams, define and manage project risks, assist with vendor management, monitor, and report upon project progress, and ultimately take action to drive the project success. Whilst this role is primarily project management focused, hands-on assembly, testing or design may be required.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated self-starter and problem-solver with a broad range of technical and project management skills seasoned in a related industry. The applicant will display a can-do attitude, inquisitive mind and be comfortable suggested ideas technical or otherwise across projects or the broader business.
This position will work closely with all members of the Equispheres technical and operations teams reporting to the VP of Engineering.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognized bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalency.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience delivering projects in related industries, specifically:
- Developing and managing budgets and schedules.
- Leading technical project members to meet their objectives.
- Addressing project pitfalls in a structured and effective manner.
- Vendor management.
- Reporting and liaising with contractors, vendors, interdisciplinary teams and management.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience and a proven track record working in several or all of the following process engineering activities:
- Mechanical design of piping, fittings and related gas and powder transfer/conveyance systems.
- Electro-mechanical systems.
- Design and application of fluid power (hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum).
- Specifying and applying a variety of industrial process components to new or existing systems (e.g., valves, pressure & temperature sensors, flow controllers, blowers, and pumps).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with all or a combination of the following:
- Definition of requirements and specification of production and process plant equipment.
- Preparing and maintaining P&ID and PFDs.
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and QA procedures.
- Installation and coordination of new production and process plant equipment.
- Developing new production workflows.
- Cost-benefit analysis of existing and new production processes.
- Leading or supporting risk assessments, PSSRs and HAZOP.
- Developing and monitoring KPIs.
- Working knowledge and experience of designing to meet applicable regulations and codes (including TSSA, CEC, NFPA, OHSA).
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience with SolidWorks.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Professional designation or the ability to acquire or transfer within 6 months.
- Knowledge and applied experience in powder processing and material science.
- Experience and exposure to any metal atomization process, ideally those with aluminum.
- Experience designing or working with melt-facing components and equipment.
- Ceramic experience an asset.
- Proficiency with FEA/CFD software.
- Production ramp-up experience and working within a quality management framework.
Physical Skill and Abilities
Ability to work in an office setting and production floor.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and it is committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres provides competitive pay and benefits and is proud to offer all our employees an opportunity to participate in our share options program.
Apply online or send 1) cover letter and 2) resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Technical Project Manager in the e-mail subject.
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put in place.