Sr. Financial Analyst
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy / climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too. And that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize solar sustainability.
The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels, inverters and batteries for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. And we need you to direct our field operations to help us become a leader in this new burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing financial data and developing profit-focused action plans, including trend forecasting and variance monitoring. Additionally, this person should be proficient in data visualization and modeling. The right financial analyst will have a desire to contribute from Day 1, helping us provide service that’s second to none.
- Monitor financial status by comparing datasets with projections
- Improve fiscal health with thorough analyses of financial data: develop deep, actionable insights to drive business performance by monitoring variances and identifying trends
- Develop forecast models based on comparative performance metrics and implement improvements as the business grows
- Develop business cases to support pricing decisions and create innovative strategies for cost reduction
- Establish and guide restructured cost analysis using fresh policies and procedure
- Work directly with VP of Finance on various planning exercises, such as forecasting, budgets, profitability analysis, and reporting
- Assist in the monthly close process by analyzing trends and variances related to revenue, and compare and correct data to reconcile transactions
- Develop and maintain confidential, protected databases to monitor business performance, and provide managers with insights into risks and opportunities
- Coordinate requirements for efficient, automated accounting to increase productivity and ensure verified backups
- Uphold standards through consolidation of quarterly reporting packages and thorough internal analysis of financial data
- Strive to advance personal skill set through networking, workshops, and other educational opportunities
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Training and Professional Experience
- 3-5 years experience working as a financial analyst
- Proficiency with financial software and tools
- Knowledge of statistical analysis processes and packages
- Outstanding communication, reporting, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance or related field
- Experience in financial forecasting and trend analytics
- Experience with revenue recognition software as well as with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Strong familiarity with accounting, tax, and e-commerce legislation
- Experience in a corporate finance setting
- Measurable ability in financial planning and strategy
You don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you think this role is for you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right person for this role.
You will be working alongside a highly successful team who deliver amazing innovative work in the solar PV industry! The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and Nextracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SOLARCYCLE is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.