Customer Operations Manager
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the clean energy / climate tech industry? Are you excited about the intersection of renewable energy and the circular economy? We are too, and that’s why we launched SOLARCYCLE, Inc, a tech-driven recycling platform designed to maximize the sustainability of the solar energy industry.
The solar energy industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels, inverters, and batteries for tomorrow’s clean energy industry. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs. We need you to manage our customer operations to help us become a leader in this new, burgeoning sector in the renewable energy industry.
About the role
As a Startup, we wear many hats and trust that our Vision, Mission, and Values help guide us in everyday decision making when there is often ambiguity, challenges, and problems in every direction.
SOLARCYCLE Customer Operations team provides best-in-class, end-to-end support for our customers. The Customer Operations team is responsible for working hand in hand with our broad customer base, coordinating every pickup and delivery of products from customer locations to our recycling facilities. You will be responsible for various aspects of post-sales operations, ensuring exceptional customer experience, cross functional teamwork and coordinating sophisticated reverse logistics.
- Main point of contact for all recycling project customers, post-sale.
- Responsible for scheduling and organizing all reverse logistics & services.
- Coordinate with customers to guarantee that packaging specifications are adhered to, ensuring safe & efficient transport is achieved.
- Confirm regulatory compliance is sharply adhered to.
- Monitor contractual changes, develop & negotiate change orders.
- Produce recycling certifications and environmental impact reports.
- Complete contractual scope of work and close out projects.
- Coordinate site services ranging from basic labor to advanced decommissioning.
- Travel - Roughly 25%, plus or minus, required.
Reporting & Data Analysis
- Inventory forecasting, tracking and management.
- Executive level reporting and presentations.
- Test, inform and drive process development and improvement.
- Provide best-in-class customer support and services.
- Quick problem solving as the first line of defense for customer related issues.
Education, Training and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Business, Energy Management, etc.) preferred.
- 5-10 years of proven experience in operations or customer management role, preferably in the solar energy or recycling industries.
- Strong leadership, task prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of solar energy systems, technologies, logistics & recycling.
- High proficiency in Excel required, process mapping a plus.
You don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you think this role is for you but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right person for this role.
You will be working alongside a highly successful team who deliver amazing innovative work in the solar PV industry! The solar industry needs a global end-of-life partner to restore, renew and ultimately recycle yesterday’s solar panels for tomorrow’s clean energy projects. SOLARCYCLE aims to be the partner of choice for solar asset owners looking for a responsible solution to their end-of-life system needs.
Solar power is one of the most powerful tools humanity has in our fight against climate change. But for solar to truly scale to its full potential, we need to create renewable supply chains and a vibrant secondary market for upcycled panels and recycled materials. SOLARCYCLE was founded by experts and advocates in solar, climate and circular economy. Our investors come from the frontlines of the solar industry, including the founders of SolarCity, SunPower and NEXTracker. This is the next frontier - ensuring a cleaner, more sustainable, and domestic supply of the critical minerals needed for the next wave of solar. We exist to make clean energy massively scalable and even more sustainable by radically advancing recycling technology and infrastructure for the solar industry. If this resonates with you, we really want to meet you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SOLARCYCLE is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.