Who are we?
Transcend is disrupting the Engineering and Construction industry. Design Generator, Transcend’s first of its kind software, enables the companies that design our global infrastructure to automate Design & Engineering work that is currently done manually. There is over 400 billion dollars spent on engineering each year, and the process of developing projects has not changed in decades. These companies are critical to our future, as they design our water, power, roads, and other core infrastructure. Due to their archaic processes, they are not innovating fast enough to impact our environment and help solve Climate Change. Over the last 10 years Transcend has developed and implemented a cloud-based software that completely changes the traditional process and transforms the culture of these engineering and construction firms around the world. The company has offices in Hungary and the USA.
Our software and engineering teams work in the office to make sure that collaboration and teamwork can be achieved. They utilize the best practices of AGILE to align priorities and execute on software development. Transcend is backed by leading US, European, and Chinese private equity investors, along with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-equity arm of the World Bank Group, and Vespucci Partners, a Hungarian-based Private Equity firm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for top talent with high great ideas to join our expanding team and support our vision & growth. Our customers include many of the global top 10 engineering and construction firms.
Grow with us and join the outstanding team at our office in Budapest, Hungary, as a Product Owner reporting to the Product Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist Product Manager in preparing Statements of Work (SOWs) and estimates when delegated.
- Participate in dynamic communication on specifications with Engineers.
- Contribute to the Sprint level planning based on the quarterly plan provided by the Product Manager.
- Decides on the daily activities based on the Sprint, and communicates any changes or disruptions to the PM.
- Aid in the delivery T-shirt sizes in consultation with the delivery team.
- Ensure all tickets (specifications) are detailed and clear enough for Engineers to understand and execute.
- Create and communicate detailed tickets to the Development teams, help groom tickets.
- Communicate timing estimations and requirements between the product team and the development team.
- Verify if the specification is ready from a QA point of view, i.e., they are confident enough to communicate and understand what is outlined in the specification.
- Act as a bridge between the development team and the product engineers, effectively working ‘for’ the Product Manager.
- Push back on developments when the development team deems something impossible to deliver in the originally requested or allocated timeline, proposing possible scope changes, delay schedules, or ask for a revision on the product side.
- Participate in Specification Planning meetings and Sprint Goal Drafting sessions.
- Communicate any changes or disruptions that may affect the Sprint to the PM.
- Assist Software Development Team Leads in updating status of sprint backlog items.
- Act as a backup for Software Development Team Leads in scrum ceremonies, if needed.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Experience in Product Management
- Fluent English skills
- Experience working in Agile environment
We need you in our team if you have the following competencies:
- Ability to live in a customer-focused start-up world where priorities shift based on customer feedback
- Reliability: get the work done and be there for others to do the same
- Solution-focused: the ability to work through complex problems by maintaining focus on the purpose of the task
- Confidence to take decisions in situations when there is not enough information available
- Humility in admitting being wrong and learning from it
Location: remote work
If you think you are a fit for Transcend and for this position please send your resume to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our company visit: https://www.transcendinfra.com
Please, read our Privacy Statement under this link: https://www.transcendinfra.com/privacy-statement/