Data Scientist in Mobility
Valerann is an exciting, rapidly growing AI mobility scale-up based in London and Tel-Aviv. We are a diverse and driven team that is making the road-based transport sector safer, greener, and more equitable through our unique AI and data analytics platform.
We work with governments and the world’s largest road operators to make our roads safer, greener, and less congested. Our product already serves roads in Europe, the US, Latin America, and the Middle East and helps road traffic authorities to have a good understanding of real-time traffic conditions and risks.
We do that through data, a lot of data. Our algorithm constantly ingests and processes very large sets of structured and unstructured data coming from a broad range of disparate data sources, including connected vehicles, cameras, and crowdsourcing platforms. Our know-how is in deep data fusion and analytics. Our passion is to empower our customers with the tools to use that data to make our journeys safer and greener.
We have made tremendous progress to date, and we need your help to support our growth.
We are looking for a data scientist to be part of our research effort and help push forward the state-of-the-art in intelligent transport data. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working across our event, risk, weather and traffic data models, services and pipelines.
- Contribute to our research work into data fusion models.
- Rapid prototyping, testing, and trying out new ideas.
- Work with product managers and customers to identify and foresee data challenges.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist -- at least 3 years.
- 5+ years of Python experience.
- At least one year of experience in one of the following fields: time-series analysis, geospatial analysis, computer vision, sensor analysis, or traffic science.
- An eye for data quality, intuition for data models and algorithms
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL), software engineering (e.g. Bash, Docker, Kafka, GitHub etc.) and cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure etc.).
- Enjoy working in a small, agile environment.
- Willingness to engage deeply with real-world applications and customer use cases.
Not Essential, But Beneficial
- Experience in sensor/data fusion preferred
- Experience in traffic-related data (geospatial, weather, traffic, discrete events, time series) preferred
- Experience in thinking and handling multi-modal data.
- Experience in real-time algorithms preferred.
- Experience in research and rapid prototyping preferred.
- Experience in building machine learning models.
- Having worked in the transportation sector could be beneficial
Our Interview Process
- Initial phone screening
- Technical interview with some data science tasks
- Final interview
*The company is an equal opportunity employer *
- Health insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Breakfast, weekly socials and lunches.
- Quarterly Hackathons.
- Generous learning budget.
- Conference opportunities.