Python Engineer (Computer Vision Pipelines)
Valerann is an exciting, rapidly growing AI mobility scale-up based in London and Tel-Aviv. We are a diverse and driven team that is making the road-based transport sector safer, greener, and more equitable through our unique AI and data analytics platform.
We work with governments and the world’s largest road operators to make our roads safer, greener, and less congested. Our product already serves roads in Europe, the US, Latin America, and the Middle East and helps road traffic authorities to have a good understanding of real-time traffic conditions and risks.
We do that through data, a lot of data. Our algorithm constantly ingests and processes very large sets of structured and unstructured data coming from a broad range of disparate data sources, including connected vehicles, cameras, and crowdsourcing platforms. Our know-how is in deep data fusion and analytics. Our passion is to empower our customers with the tools to use that data to make our journeys safer and greener.
We have made tremendous progress to date, and we need your help to support our growth.
We are looking for a Cloud Computer Vision Engineer to be part of our research effort and help push forward the state-of-the-art in intelligent transport camera systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating directly with customers to onboard and integrate their camera systems.
- Owning the process of ingesting video and making it available to our algorithms and frontend.
- Maintaining and iterating a reliable, large-scale system with minimal downtime.
- Work with product managers and customers to identify and foresee future challenges.
- Experience of networking protocols e.g. TCP/UDP, RTSP, HLS.
- Knowledge of video formats e.g. MPEG
- Experience working at scale.
- 5+ years of Python experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience working with stakeholders of differing technical backgrounds.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL), software engineering (e.g. Bash, Docker, Kafka, GitHub etc.) and cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Terraform etc.).
- Experience working on complex, distributed systems with multiple steps in a pipeline.
- Enjoy working in a small, agile environment.
- Willingness to engage deeply with real-world applications and customer use cases.
Not Essential, But Beneficial
- Experience with GStreamer/FFMPEG.
- Some interest/experience in computer vision e.g. deep learning, object tracking, anomaly detection.
- Experience working with CUDA/GPUs.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and unit/integration testing in general.
- Experience with industry camera systems such as Genetec/Milestone.
Our Interview Process
Initial phone screening
Technical interview with some engineering tasks
*The company is an equal opportunity employer *
- Health insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Breakfast, weekly socials and lunches.
- Quarterly Hackathons.
- Generous learning budget.
- Conference opportunities.
Something looks off?